I’ve never been nominated for an award before, so I’m going to have fun with this post today. Thank you, Gumiho for nominating me! And please check out her blog while you can, by the way. She’s an excellent writer with great tips of getting better at the craft, specifically if you’re into fiction: http://thegumiho777.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Display the logo on your blog.
3. Answer the questions the award giver asked.
4. List 11 facts about yourself.
5. List your 11 nominees with 200 followers or less, no tagbacks
Here we go!
Eleven Facts About Me
- I love the number eleven. I was born on the eleventh of February, and there have been several occasions at my birthdays where I’d sit at table eleven of a restaurant or some weird coincidence like that.
- I love dogs. I wish own one some day. Perhaps a golden retriever or a Labrador. But I’d raise an older dog first to practice before diving straight into a puppy.
- I think I’m turning into a bibliophile. My list of books is getting bigger and bigger. And it will probably never stop. Which is funny, because when I was younger, I didn’t like to read as much.
- I’m not a fan of spicy foods. Cilantro is the worst for me. Give me lettuce on my burrito instead, please.
- I like to eat bananas at a certain point in their life cycle. the window is very hard for me to pinpoint. They’re not green, but they’re not overly spotty. It’s right between the soft and firm stage, and it’s glorious.
- I’ve won NaNoWriMo twice. And I plan to win it again, so watch out 😉 !
- I like singing in Japanese and English. From musicals to rock, I like to sing good quality music.
- I’m currently about to start the fourth season of Game of Thrones (no spoilers, please!).
- I write music. I used to take piano lessons when I was younger, then stopped because I didn’t want to take them anymore. Instead, I chose to write music.
- I get mad chocolate cravings sometimes. Don’t get in the way of me and a sundae. I just might take the fudge without you looking.
- I’m grateful to all my followers, viewers, and people that stop by my blog. Thanks again 🙂
And now, time for the questions I was asked!
1. What made you join WordPress?
Well, it was a mix of things. It was back int 2010 when I was still in high school, and I saw that my sister had a blog. And that I might have read somewhere that authors should have one. Or saw an author that had one. So, it was mostly just to have a blog and because I knew that I wanted to be a writer.
2. What are your hobbies?
Singing, voice acting, reading, writing, drawing. Generally artistic and relaxing things.
3. Who is your favorite author?
I have too many to count, but the one I cite frequently is Eoin Colfer. I read the Artemis Fowl series when I was younger, and I was like, “I want to write like that!”
4. Have you read Twilight? What do you think of it?
Oh, dear… The “T” word.
Okay, let me take a deep breath.
I cracked open Twilight when I was around 12-13, so, in other words, when I was young, impressionable, and didn’t have the common sense to see how bad of a book it was. Like all the other girls I fell in love with Edward and his sparkly chiseled imaginary body. But by the time I got to New Moon and Bella got depressed and couldn’t move on from Edward, I was thinking, “Woman, move on with your life. Come on! Be independent!” I got more sense. And I tend to agree with most critics. Bella is a blank slate that young women (and even older women) can slip into and fulfill their fantasies of sparkly, chiseled men and beefcake werewolves in the world of Twilight. I read Eclipse, but I hardly remember it. I guess it had a good battle scene, but… It was just more of the same mind-numbing things going on.
I truly think that Twilight would have been a much better book had Bella been given some sort of agency. And I suppose that I can’t bash it for letting young women fulfill their fantasies of vampires and werewolves, but… even that’s being a bit generous to me.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I suppose… procrastinating? Or maybe listening to video game music on my phone. I’m trying not to be a glutton, because I know it’ll upset my stomach, so not a whole lot of guilty food pleasures going on.
6. What’s your passion?
Writing. Music. Japanese. Those are my current passions.
7. What do you think of Ylvis’s The Fox?
A thought-provoking dance track exploring the philosophical and mysterious qualities of the elusive creature known as the fox. I like it 🙂
8. What is your ideal vacation?
Somewhere on a tropical island, but close to the city. Or… maybe not. I’m too scared of tsunamis. How bout we go somewhere mountains like Kyoto in Japan?
9.What is your ideal date?
Dinner and movie. I’m a girl of simple pleasures. It doesn’t take much to make me happy.
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Buenos Aires. To see some authentic Argentine tango.
11. You walk into a room and someone says: “I see the assassins have failed.” What do you do?
I look to my left. Then to my right. Then up at the person that’s speaking to me.
And I say:
“Well, we can’t have everything happen the way we want, now. Can we?”
And now for my questions!
- Do you play video games?
- Do you like to write poetry or fiction?
- What’s your favorite color?
- Favorite food?
- What are you afraid of?
- Do you wear your heart on your sleeve, or keep it hidden?
- Favorite book?
- What’s your least favorite genre of music?
- What is something that never leaves your side?
- Favorite author?
- Why did you join WordPress?
And last but not least, the nominees…
Yes, I’m breaking the rule with only two nominees, but that’s because combing through the list of you guys is an arduous task. Most of you have more than 200 followers (which is amazing!).
Whew! What a long post!
Thanks for reading through all of that if you did. Greatly appreciate it 🙂